How to make multilevel Discrete Wavelet Transform and noise reduction of 1D Time Series signal through a real-world project
In the previous articles, we have displayed the process and methods on how to decompose, reconstruct, and partial reconstruct a 1D signal. In this article, we will use the concepts and methods introduced in these previous articles on a real-world project.
The main objectives of this project are to make a Discrete Wavelet transform on a 1D time series signal of water Dissolved oxygen (DO) collected from a China’s reservoir with sensors. It also encourages you to use your own dataset. The main tasks of the project include:
- Decompose the signal into multilevel approximation and detail coefficients
- Visualize the Approximation and Details coefficients
- Reconstruct the time series signal from these coefficients
- Reconstruct the Approximation and Details from its coefficients
- Visualize the Approximation and Details of the signal
- Reduce data noise at different levels and visualize the results
If you are not familiar with these concepts, process and method, I suggest that you had better read the concerned parts in previous articles.